If you’re still searching for that perfect biker gift for the motorcycle enthusiast on your Christmas list, you’ve found the right place. We’ve compiled the following list of motorcycle gear and apparel that any motorcycle enthusiast would love to find under the tree on Christmas morning.
Get ready for some serious savings on Cyber Monday on motorcycle gear, biker apparel and clothing. Riders Needs and Helmet City are having huge Cyber Monday Motorcycle Gear & Apparel sales events that will save some serious dollars in your pocket.
Black Friday is known for the amazing deals that retailers offer their customers and this year the day of unbelievable savings falls on November 29th. For your convenience, we’ve put together the following list of Black Friday sales pertaining to motorcycle gear and accessories.
Fox Creek Leather manufactures American Made leather motorcycle gear, including men’s and women’s motorcycle jackets, vests, chaps and more. With Black Friday savings like $50 off leather jackets, $20 off leather chaps and $15 off leather vests, Fox Creek Leather’s website will be a popular destination for online shoppers looking for the best Black Friday savings.
Riders Needs is an online retail store that specializes in motorcycle parts and apparel. This year for Black Friday, Riders Needs is offering their website customers coupons galore. Coupons that will help save your hard earned dollars such as 15% off Performance Machine Wheels and Accessories, 20% off Saddlemen Saddlebags and 20% off Akrapovic Motorcycle Parts just to name a few.
Boot Bay is, as you may have guessed, an online boot and footwear retailer that carries a wide selection of boots, including leather motorcycle boots. Save up to 20% off select footwear during Boot Bay’s Black Friday Event which is set to run for 3 days rather than the traditional 1 day.
So it’s time to get rid of your old motorcycle and you could use some tips on how to sell your bike safely and do so as quickly and easily as possible. Selling a motorcycle yourself can be a rewarding experience that, when done correctly, will almost always generate more income for you on the sale than selling it through a dealership or used vehicle lot.
You will, however, need to protect yourself and think ahead in order to avoid any “dangerous” situations. In this article, we’ve come up with 5 important tips to remember when selling your motorcycle…
- When initially talking to a potential buyer over email, text or phone, ensure that you interview them. Don’t waste yours or the potential buyers time showing them the motorcycle if it’s not anything like what they’re looking for. This is also a good time to try to weed out those unsavory people that prey on those selling vehicles online and through classifieds.
- Never show your motorcycle alone and always meet in a public place. Always think safety first as there are those who are more than happy to take advantage of people personally selling vehicles and other high value items.
- Beware of professional buyers who “flip” their purchases. Not saying that this is always the case, however, if you’re selling to someone who is in turn going to re-sell it, what type of offer do you think you will receive? Most likely the lowest of low ball offers.
- If you are allowing the potential buyer to go on a test drive, ask to see their motorcycle drivers license and refuse them a test drive if they don’t have one or refuse to show it to you. Always try to keep the test drive restricted to a specific area such as a large empty parking lot and try to avoid letting your bike out of your site.
- If you have successfully negotiated a price you are happy to sell your motorcycle for, ensure you don’t sign or hand over your pink slip until you receive the full amount you have agreed upon. It is also a good idea to file a “release of liability” with motor vehicles so if your bike is ever used in a crime or driven criminally, you will not be held responsible.
This is just a short list of tips that focuses on your safety as a seller. In our next article we will provide some tips on purchasing a used motorcycle. If you are looking for a place to list your motorcycle for free, please visit our Motorcycle Classifieds section.
Southern Americans may have no idea why we in Canada and the Northern states even need to winterize our motorcycles and conversely, those who experience real winters have no idea what it’s like not to. Imagine… having the freedom to ride all year long, sigh. In any event, if you live in a colder climate, you need to winterize your bike to ensure it’ll run as well as it did this summer considering severe damage can occur during severe weather.
If you decide not to winterize your bike, your bike may experience the following:
- Condensation and rust occuring in the gas tank if not filled during winter
- Battery may freeze and lose charge
- Tires, Seats and Body can deteriorate if exposed to severe cold, wind, snow and not covered
- Chain and sprockets may loose lubrication… minor issue as this should be checked in spring
- Tires losing air pressure… also another minor issue as this should also be checked before your first ride after winter.
Since there’s been so many different articles already written about winterizing a motorcycle, we’ve compiled a list of them for you to review:
Finally, here’s a YouTube video from Popular Mechanics that provides you with step by step instructions on winterizing your bike…
Before there were snowmobile or ice racing helmets, riders would take their street or dirt helmets out with them for riding in the snow. Long gone are the days of your face freezing and/or not being able to see out of your shield due to fogging. The snowmobile helmet will keep your face warm and your vision clear of fog while riding in the snow. These helmets are also a must for any MX and ATV ice racers that want the ensure they stay warm as well as maintain ultimate vision no matter how cold the temperatures get.
Snowmobile helmets are similar to regular street helmets. They have additional parts that make them into snowmobile helmets. You can purchase extra parts and turn your regular helmet into a snowmobile helmet. One of the greatest options of the snowmobile helmets are their shields. The snowmobile helmet comes standard with a dual lens shield to help cut down on fogging. You also have the option to purchase an electric shield which almost completely eliminates fogging, making it a lot easier to see out of your snowmobile helmet. There are many different styles and colors of snowmobile helmets, full face, modular, off road, and they all come in solid colors and most graphics. So before riding in the snow, make sure to purchase a snowmobile helmet.
Leather may still be a very popular choice of material for motorcycle gear and apparel, however, more and more motorcyclists are choosing Textile Motorcycle Gear as an alternative to traditional leather motorcycle jackets, chaps, vests and gloves. Textile Motorcycle Jackets and Pants offer riders the same protection as leather riding gear and can do so without the bulk and weight that comes with leather apparel.
As promised, here are more pictures of the trip from Edmonton, Canada to Sturgis this past summer…
Whether you’re looking for a classic style leather motorcycle vest or a more modern “Sons of Anarchy” style of leather vest, Fox Creek Leather has what you’re looking for. Not only does Fox Creek Leather offer the most popular styles of biker vests, each one is hand crafted in the United States! Purchasing a vest made in America, by a reputable manufacturer like Fox Creek Leather, can ensure that your vest is of ultimate quality and craftsmanship and you can feel good knowing you are helping keep America working.
Not only does Fox Creek Leather manufacture premium USA Made motorcycle gear for men, they also produce amongst the best in Women’s motorcycle apparel including a full line of Women’s Leather Motorcycle Vests proudly made in America.
Fox Creek Leather is a small family run company in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains of southwestern Virginia. They take pride in offering high quality American-made motorcycle leathers at reasonable prices. All of Fox Creek Leather’s line of jackets, vests, and chaps are covered by their lifetime guarantee. Fox Creek Leather offers superior, unmatched customer service and caters to motorcycle enthusiasts looking for high quality American made items at reasonable prices. We sell USA Manufactured motorcycle jackets, chaps, vests, boots, gloves, saddlebags and more.